Let’s face it, buying or selling a home is one of the largest financial transactions most people will make in their lifetimes. To this end, it is vital that you have the help and guidance of a professional who can navigate you through the process. By choosing a quality real estate agent you can avoid many of the most common mistakes made by those who choose to attempt to sell their own property, often referred to as “For Sale By Owner”.
The advantages of a quality real estate agent include the following:
- They can advise you on how to make your home more marketable and can help fetch top dollar for it.
- They can explain all of the responsibilities you have as a seller and ensure that you understand the process fully.
- They will work to represent your interests to prospective buyers and their agents.
- They can provide you all of the necessary information from the MLS to help you set your competitive sales price for your home.
- They can bring you offers from prospective buyers and help you to evaluate offers to decide if they are a good deal for you or not.
- They will advertise your property in various ways and bring prospective buyers to view your home through this advertising.
- They will host open house events to more easily show your home to prospective buyers and other local agents.
- They will add your property into the MLS so that agents all over the United States have access to the information on your property.
- They will help you navigate the sales process and point out things you can do along the way to make your own life easier.
Whether or not you choose to hire a real estate agent to help you sell your property is a personal choice. However, it has been proven time and again that those who use an agent fetch a higher price for their property and can also sell it in a quicker timeframe. This is very important if you already have another property purchased or are in the process of purchasing.
To find a quality agent that you can trust, it is always a good idea to ask your friends and neighbors for recommendations on whom they have dealt with in the past. Additionally, you should interview at least three agents to determine which you feel the most comfortable working with. Clarify your doubts with the agent and ask all questions that you have in your mind. You should make yourself comfortable with the agent because after all it’s the matter of your property. During the sales process you will be spending a lot of time communicating with this person and it is vital that you are able to get along and work well together.
Written by Andrew Stratton.